Friday, September 5, 2008

My first swim Lesson!

Take aways from my first swim lesson:

- Twist/ rotate my entire body.....shoulder out of water.... body should be turn so you don't have to turn your neck to breath
- Keep my head down...eyes looking down not forward
- Work on sight w/ out lifting my entire head..... at an angle
- Enter the water right above my head/ do not extend and lock my elbow....maintain a 10 degree bend in my arms .... less stress on my shoulder!

Now lets see if I can incorporate them!

Swim lesson was great and I can tell Greg is a great guy.... (I put his link on the site) I am psyched to find someone to work with me....... The ride to get there is about 60 min from the house but once or twice a week for a few months is worth it to me to improve my swimming efficiency and technique. Plus now I know about an open water swim spot and will definitely be using it for the next few months in preparation for IM AZ.

Here is the tape that Greg took of me: