Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fatigued legs!

Tues: 1:16, 22.5 miles with 4 x 8 min pick ups.....much slower than when I did this workout two weeks ago..........I could feel the lack of power in my legs.

No core at lunch...... had a mtg.

Wed: AM: 51:45 min. 5.75 mile run....pace was slow, legs were tired and I had a bathroom emergency.....way too much to handle so I pulled the plug on that workout early!
PM: Shld still not right......still went to pool and swam 1500 yards.........forced to the indoor pool due to outdoor pool repair.......there were four other people in my lane........it was brutal......I need to figure out some other place to swim...........did 300Y kick and 1200 breast...no free style due to shld. Can I breastroke 2.4 miles?

Thur: Brick 21.5, 1:15 (very slow I know) and just under 35 for 4 miles on the run.


My legs are so tired right now........I had a dreadfully slow ride 21.5 mile ride this morning......I couldn't turn the cranks with any power.... no sure how I pulled 4 miles afterwards at a sub 8:40 pace but my legs are just plain sore! I just took a motrin..... no road work tomorrow.

It is week three of four for this block so next week is a rest week..........I really need it! Not sure how I am going to pull of a 5:00 bike ride on Saturday with these fatigued legs....I need a rally! Maybe I will bribe myself with something good if I have a good ride!

Of course not sure how things are going to work out this weekend with Hurricane Hanna looking like it will slam down on us.........I may get called into work, may do the ride indoors (brutal even thinking about it!) or may be able to switch the ride to Sun and just run 10 on Sat in the rain and wind! Damm you Hanna!

On a positive note I am meeting with a triathlete coach/ swim instructor to work on my swim this afternoon......equally awesome is we are meeting at a spot that allows open water swimming so I get to check that place out and hopefully add it to my repertoire. I am OK being a slow swimmer but this shoulder is really hindering my ability to increase my distance of workouts and improve my over all swimming abilities..... I have no distorted visions of grandeur when it comes to the swim.........I just want to be efficient and stay healthy so I can improve. I will let everyone know how it goes!

No comments: