Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can I will away my injuries?

For some reason I still believe that if I want the injury to go away bad enough........ I can make it happen.... although lately I have tried to act my age and have taken to listening to my body......... I feel under pressure though b/c I have a lot of time and money invested into IM AZ in Nov. I know there will be other races in my life but this is Ironman brother, and I am signed up!

So I figure taking some time to heal now is better than trying to heal four weeks from now. Although it would be easier if I knew what was wrong with me exactly!

Mon: Swam for 55 min open water.........good swim, probably around 2000M

Tues: Core/ weights

Wed: Bike 1:20.......23 miles...easy.....listening to my body . I felt fine but could tell that my hammy is still not right.

I leave for Atlanta today.... I plan to do weights tomorrow, swim on Fri and ride long on Sat......... I hope to get four hours in at a snails pace......

I can't lay completely off but am taking it easy, Motrin and ice/ heat.

Hopefully it will get better.......its hard for me to tell if it is getting better or not....I want to tell myself it is but can't honestly tell.

Gotta go ice it now!

No comments: