Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hamsting woes!

My right Hamstring is still not right.......I am not sure whether to try and train through it or just take time off....w/ IM Arizona two months away this is not the time to be loosing fitness. I am opting not to run at all this coming week and just bike and swim.........stretch, ice and heat.... we will see how it goes this week. I hope to get my long ride in next weekend.

Sat: Swam for 1:10 open water. I estimate at a 2:40 pace I went a little over 2500M. That is the longest I have every gone..... I am going to build on that next week. The last 500 were tough but 95% was freestyle. Meg and I went to the lake....she did awesome swimming with me for her first time in open water......we need to buy her a wetsuit. She liked it enough that I think I can get her out there next weekend.

I also biked for an hour......not sure how long..probably 17-18.

Sun: I biked for 1:53 (33 miles)today to test out my leg.......It didn't feel great but not bad either.....my effort was minimal.

I am going to swim/ bike 3X this week with two weight workouts..... I need to assess how my leg is doing......I don't want to blow it up.

2 comments:

Katie said...

you should get that hammy looked at...its been bothering you forever, what if theres potential for serious damage, and your out for good?! yikes!!! :) take it easy!

Baghdad Multisport said...

I'm by no means an expert, but everything I've read and all the tri podcasts I listen to, the same theme resounds. "Listen to your body" You gotta take it easy and rest. Triathlon is supposed to be a sport that takes you into your 60's, 70's. Remember that nun at the USAT Championship's. She was like what? 80? There are other races. We gotta do escape from Alcatraz when I get back. What do you think? Later dude.