Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back From DC

Normally I am better about this blog but this past week has been a blur and my hammy is just not right after Duke man last weekend.

Mon I took the day off and my right leg was in a lot of pain....the rest of me felt fine.... I planned to swim out at the lake on Tuesday but it rained and we had lightening. I did jump though on Tuesday and it was like landing in a pile of sand. I landed on my left side so not to mess with the right leg.

Wed: Ran 5 with the officers..........I wish I didn't run but sometimes we don't have much of a choice in the Army.... I also swam in the afternoon but felt like hell so I only did 800M.

Thurs- Fri: I left at 0530 for DC. We drove up to Walter Reed Medical Center to visit Soldiers from our unit and other military police (MP)units injured in the war..... very powerful visit.........I don't do well at funerals, hospitals, etc. but to see double amputees working on walking again truly makes me cherish all that I have and makes me realize how lucky I was to walk away from my time in Iraq injury free. We also went to a remembrance ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery for all of this years fallen MPs. Stopped by the Pentagon (I met the Under Secretary of the Army (2IC of the Army) and got home last night. So as you can imagine Thurs and Fri were a wash.

Meg and I are heading to the lake in a bit for some swimming and then I am going to ride for an hour or so to test out my leg. I am very concerned about my leg and my not sure what to do. There is no consistent pain but it isn't right. I am going for all easy effort today and hope to ride longer tomorrow.

No comments: