Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Foiled by my Shoulder Again!

Again my right shoulder hurts...enough so that I am going to skip my swim at lunch in hopes it will be OK for my long swim workout on Friday.........this happens to me every time I start to feel like I am making so progress in the pool....so very frustrating! My only consolation is that since it is raining and the indoor pool would have been a mad house.

Swam 2000 meters on Monday and I started to feel it twinge around 1400...I should have stopped right there and then........ I have pin pointed the pain though so I am going to do some research today.

Tues: Biked 1:13 in the rain.......easy effort
Lunchtime: Did 45 minutes of core/ weights to include leg press for the first time in years
Wed: Ran 6.25 miles in the rain Took a greater effort to keep my pace decent due to fatigued legs........I do not plan on doing any major leg exercises on Friday's weight session to preserve the legs for the weekend.

I signed up for the 1/2 IM Sept 14 at Jordan Lake in Raleigh.... I am praying it will be wetsuit legal..... still hemming and hawing about buying an aero helmet.......... I am just not sure if it is worth the money for a middle of the pack age grouper.

No comments: