Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I have no one to blame for my pain but myself!

Here is last weeks effort recapped and this weeks planned events. Not reflected are the two weight/ core sessions I have planned in my head. This week so far:
Mon: Swam 1800M MS500,400,300,200, 100
Tue: AM: Bike 72 Min...... MS 8min X 4 at 145, 150, 155, 153 HR w/ 2 min spinning in b/t
PM: core/ weights 45 min
Wed: AM: Run 6.1, 53 Min 4X 6 min at 153, 155,155159 HR
Incorporated speed into the mix yesterday....no massive efforts but enough to get the HR up...... felt good yesterday and hammy felt good this morning so I decided to throw some 6 min pick ups into the equation....I felt fine doing it but now my hammy hurts again............why o why do I do this to myself? I will never learn! No more speed the rest of the week!
Did a core session yesterday and threw in some hamstring curls, lat pull downs, triceps extensions and a couple other shoulder exercises to strengthen my rotator cuff. My core and strengthening my rotator cuff are priorities as well as nursing my hammy to full strength...... I plan to incorporate more leg exercises when I get healthier.
I put three kick ass 45 min gym mixes on my IPOD so I was jamming in the gym! No work on Friday so Hopefully I can get some new longer mixes on the IPOD since I deleted all my old mixes.
Since I am naturally slow I am thinking about buying some speed with an Aero Helmet. Leo Adventures has some kick ass deals for members.
You can see some changes to my plan this week that will take me through the next four weeks.
1. Speed on the bike & unplanned speed on the run (Yes I am an idiot) speed on the run is planned when my hammy is better
2. Short run after long Sat bike ride
3. Offset my focus each week....... If going long on bike on Sat then Sun is a moderate run and vis versa.
4. Went to from 60 to 75 min on Tue/ Thur bike
5. Added 2 miles total to my non key run workouts
Huge weekend planned so I will be sure to temper my output tomorrow!

No comments: