Friday, October 31, 2008

Will & Heart square off against my ailing body

I've come to terms with the fact that I will not be able to give 100% of myself in three weeks...... I will be under trained and not 100% physically ready...........with that said my only goal is to finish Ironman Arizona.

My hammy has hurt all week........

Mon: Core

Tues: AM: swam 2200 yards.....30 min aqua running
PM: Yoga

Wed: AM: Core
PM: Yoga

Thur: Same as Tues

Fri: AM Core
PM: Going to Yoga

Note that there is no biking going on........... I hope to test out the leg tomorrow and see how it feels.... if it reacts positively I will go longer on Sun. I am planning a decent swim (around 2500) and a long aqua run.

After consulting a few friends who helped reinforce my decision I am going to lay of the next three weeks in hopes that my hammy will make huge gains over the next few weeks. So basically I am starting my taper early and what I have in the tank is what I will take to IM with me........ If (when) I blow up my hammy it should be in Arizona and not here in NC training!

I had hoped to do a 100 miler this weekend but to do it on a strained hammy just so I can say I did it makes no sense...... of course I was still planning to do it up until yesterday....... I am such a guy!

I hope to put 5 hours in on the bike this weekend (in two days) but I am going off of feel. I am taking Motrin and Flexeril right now but want to get of them next week. The hammy feels so much better than earlier this week but it isn't great.

I'll tell you though, I'm tired or working out and would just like to go into hibernation mold to let my hammy heal..........I have been struggling with it since Apr, thought I had kicked it in Aug.......it came back end of Aug and has really been kicking my ass since The Dukeman 1/2. I am so looking forward to the off season so that I may heal my body.

Its been a long time since I was sick of working out........ I can't wait until this is over and I can choice to work out or not. I wish I were more excited..... I mean I am excited but it would be such a special thing if I were healthy and could give it my all..........What I mean is, I'll give it my all but my all won't be what I know in my heart I have to give.

Don't worry, my morale is still fine and if I start to feel better it will sky rocket. I have the will and heart now I just need the body to cooperate!

No comments: