Monday, October 27, 2008

I will never learn!

Thurs: skipped bike to let hammy rest.......... did some core/ weights

Fri: Ran with one of the companies.......not my choice......obligation....ran a little over 3.....too easy...no issue. Went to Yoga after work and much to my dismay it was cancelled.

Sat: Had a huge day in the pool......3500 Yards.......that's right, I swam 2 miles in 1:34.......... I felt decent doing it but was drained by the end.... I am only .4 away from the IM swim...........am going too take it easy this week and then go long again next weekend.

Sun: Bike 72 miles, 4:03............went on the same route as cranking for crones last weekend. I didn't realize I had a tail wind until about 1/2 way to the turn around.....I should have known it was too easy.... I was cruising and feeling great the first two hour. I turned around at 1:58 knowing that a headwind faced me for 36 miles...........it wasn't as bad as last week though....

Stopped for water at 2:10..........some mini van full of church goers cut me off going into the church parking lot at 2:15........I came within a foot of being a hood ornament........I was so pissed!

For some reason I thought I could maintain the same pace going back as I had going to the turn around point..... I was working way too hard..... I started to feel twinging in my hammy...... I ignored it though and pressed on......I finished w/ an ave pace of 17.5 which is slow for me if I were healthy but good for me with my hammy.....I felt fine yesterday afternoon but it started to hurt last night...........it was throbbing when I woke up this morning.............I am such an idiot......

My plan is to rest it today and see how it feels tomorrow. I did core this morning and will do Yoga tonight. I want to go 100 miles this weekend. I have 3 more weekends to train before IM AZ.

No comments: