Monday, November 3, 2008

20 days and counting!

Sitting on the couch yesterday drinking a beer I realized that in three weeks I would be enduring the most pain I have ever felt in my life............ I had my first dream about Ironman on Saturday.....can't remember the details but I think I will be having more of them in the next few weeks!

Sat: rode 20 miles....went real slow first 20 minutes to test out the leg.......it loosened up and I had no troubles.

Aqua jogged 45 min

Sun: Rode 52 miles, 3 hours. My legs didn't really feel decent until after the 2d hour. I felt fine after the ride though.........not tired in the least.

Mon: Did an hour of core/ weights to include leg exercises.

This morning was the first morning I have felt zero pain when I woke up. I feel a discomfort now but not major pain........I haven't taken any pain medicine today. The discomfort is high on the hamstring around around the buttocks.

I want to believe I am getting healthier but who knows. I would like to go 5 hours on the bike this weekend but will have to wait to see how I feel. I plan on riding during the week as well but staying in the pool to jog.

2 comments:

Katie said...

DUDE i cant wait to see how you do at th IM!!!!!! you and meg should come to KC in january and hang out with us and baja and sarah... FUN...well i guess our kid will be there too... :)

Kevin said...

We'll be in Missouri for Christmas but home for Jan.....still planning for Vineman next Jul if you guys are interested. We already put a deposit on a house.