Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Day!

How nice of the Government to set aside a day to celebrate me! Why did I get up at 0600 if this is my day?

Last week:

Wed:
PM: Yoga

Thurs:
AM: Swam 3800 yards........longest ever.....epic swim...couldn't pull the last 200 more but o-well... so tired at the end! Shld felt great though after swim!
Lunch: 60 min ride
PM: Yoga.....did some crazy ass extension that hurt my shoulder...great, I get hurt at Yoga!...shoulder still not right

Fri: Core/ weights

Sat: rode 2:56, 52 miles...bit more spirited than my norm

Sun: Rode 1:04.....pretty sure it was 19.3 but clock said 18.3...confused/..going to verify this afternoon
-swam a bit in the afternoon but my shoulder hurt.

Mon: Yoga X2 sessions
Tues: Yoga/ core

Drove to Cary to drop of my bike yesterday. Also sent a bag with, so was scrambling around the house yesterday morning before Yoga throwing it together!

Strategy this week: Run, swim, bike X2 this week........no huge effort.....maybe 2- 2 1/2 this weekend on the bike. Rest and try to heal for next Sunday....yes thats right I said next Sunday! I feel better and am going to try the strategy of resting this hamstring/ glute muscles as much as possible over the next two weeks.

I realize that running long this weekend will not do anything for me......the fitness I have is what I have..........I would rather heal and try to save it all for IM.... I am going to run tomorrow to see how it feels while running...every day it seems a bit better but haven't run on it in three weeks. I am hoping my shoulder feels better as well by tomorrow.

No comments: