Wednesday, November 26, 2008

IM AZ in reflection

1st you should all know that I am starting this race report Wednesday night and am drinking from my M Dot pint glass... it is full of Harpoon Winter Ale!

Although I have an M dot pint glass and IM AZ coffee mug I will not be getting the M Dot Tattoo.... I prefer to be more subtle with my bravado but could not resist a small M-Dot sticker for my car! (no offense to all that have that tattoo b/c you deserve to artfully place that symbol of pride on your body forever!)

With that said I will tell you that I have an overall sense of accomplishment and feeling of pride for grinding though my first IM. I am proud of "soldiering though" my injuries, gaining the IM experience and making some good decisions on race day in order to accomplish my ultimate goal of finishing. While I know I have a low 12:00 in my body... I am at peace with a sub 14:00 finish. Arizona was awesome, my buddy Ed had a sub 11:00 finish, the race was a one crazy day for me and the trip was one hell of an experience.

I am going to write a race report now............might take me a day or so to give the experience the proper retrospect so be patient!

No comments: